Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Little Swan Planters - DIY


So today I was waiting at the bus stop, and I saw a cluster of Baby Tears on the ground. I quickly scooped some up into a glass container and brought them home. I've been looking for these for a really long time since I've been wanting to plant them in some little swan figures that I own, and today I was able to do just that! I feel sort of silly calling this a DIY, since it's so simple, but since I took step by step photos of the process, I thought why not. 

items used:
❀2 small swan planters
❀small stones
❀soil
❀spoon
❀glass with water
❀plant of choice ~ Baby Tears

Baby Tears

These are the planters I decided to use. They were thrifted by my mom 3 years ago.

1. Fill the bottom of the planters with pebbles for drainage.

2. With a small spoon I carefully filled them with soil (this soil I got from our compost, so it's rich in nutrients for the plant babies)

3. I took a small portion of the plant, loosened up the roots and planted it. I used a toothpick to bury the roots. 
4. I used the same spoon from before to water them. I gave them each 2-3 teaspoons of water.


And that was it! I loved how it turned out and can't wait for it to start growing :3 I planted the Baby Tears I had left outside, and hopefully I'll be able to use them in the future. I was just really happy with how it came out, and it only took me about 15 minutes (including the photo taking) to do this. I love seeing these on my desk, it really brightens up my day. 


Take care,
~Rose


0 comments:

Post a Comment