Thursday, March 23, 2017

Cathedral ~ Puerto Montt


Winter 2016

I present to you the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Cathedral, of Puerto Montt. My partner and I went to visit my aunt this winter, and while we were there he obviously had to accompany me while I scouted for local churches and cathedrals. It is a Roman Catholic church that was first built in 1892. It was later elevated to a cathedral in 1932.


This beautiful building is made of "Alerce" wood, otherwise known as the Patagonian cypress, like most churches in that region. Its cupola is made of copper, and whenever the sun hits it it gives out a marvelous glow. 




We weren't able to enter the church, since it was closed on the day we were visiting. So that will have to be left for another visit.

Take care,
~Rose

0 comments:

Post a Comment